Jamal S. Shah
|Copyright BroadView Consultants. All rights reserved.
|Jamal is the founder of BroadView Consultants and has 20 years of experience as a
management consultant helping senior business and IT executives plan, manage and
obtain value from investments in technology.
Jamal is a business leader first, who maintains a focus on understanding the value of,
and management issues around, information technology.
During his career with well known consulting organizations such as Accenture, KPMG and
Nolan, Norton & Co., Jamal has advised senior business and IT executives on addressing
Strategic Business and IT issues, creating and harvesting business value from
investments in technology, and supporting the CIO Agenda.
Jamal's clients have ranged from small-medium businesses to the largest global
companies and industries, and have included:
- Energy, Oil & Gas: Ameren, Ontario Power Generation, Hydro One, Sault Ste. Marie
PUC, British Petroleum, Burmah Castrol, Shell Expro, Philips Petroleum
- Health and Pharmaceuticals: GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Biogen Idec,
AstraZeneca, Collaborative Clinical Research, Calgary Health Region
- Telecommunications: Nextel International, AT&T Wireless, Bell Canada, EnPhrase
- Retail and Food: Best Buy, LSG SkyChefs, Cara Foods, Oshawa Foods, Ready
Most recently, Jamal has been working on a project in the renewable energy space to
- Other: DuPont Chemicals, Methanex, Purolator Courier, Sabena Airlines, WestJet
Airways, 407 ETR and others
understand the solar energy industry and evaluate the economic feasibility of constructing
a solar generation facility under Ontario's Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program
(RESOP) for mid-size electricity generators.
Jamal started his career as a field engineer for Schlumberger Technical Services, working
internationally in Europe, Africa and the Middle East while prospecting for oil & gas
- Jamal is a strong and experienced facilitator for executives, and utilizes a
collaborative coaching style of consulting to develop a joint understanding of the
business issues, the relative value of resolving them, and buy-in to the solutions.
- He is prepared to ask the difficult questions - taking a broad business-focused
view of the issues - and balances factual data with experience to deliver advice.
- MBA, Manchester Business School, Manchester, United Kingdom
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University of London, Imperial College of
Science, Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Focusing on the Business Value of IT